SolTrans Service Improvements to be Implemented August 18, 2013
Effective August 18, 2013
SolTrans will implement improvements to the fixed route system that provide for safer, more effective and efficient service. These improvements, summarized below, are also aimed at meeting travel demands and improving service productivity metrics, including on-time performance, and increasing passenger trips. The improvements to Routes 3, 7 and 78 are listed below, as are the changes to the Limited Service Routes that serve a variety of schools in Vallejo and Benicia.
1. Route 3
- Reduce layover time at the Vallejo Transit Center from 16 to 12 minutes per trip.
- Bus stops added for new service areas.
- Bus stops relocated, due to safety concerns.
- Extension to Cal Maritime Academy.
New and Relocated Bus Stops for the Route 3
- Route extended to Cal Maritime Academy with bus stops added to new service areas:
– Maritime Drive and Country Lane Drive
– Seaport Drive, in front of Mobile Home Park
- Bus stops relocated to provide improved accessibility:
– Sandy Beach Rd. and Seaport Dr. relocated to Seaport and Sandy Beach
– Porter St. and Adams St. relocated mid-block on Porter in front of Patterson Elementary School
– 5th St and Sonoma Blvd relocated to Maritime Academy Drive and Sonoma Blvd.
2. Route 7
- New Timepoint
The first timepoint on the first trip of the morning at Admiral Callaghan and Rotary (in front of the Honda Dealership) will be at 6:25 a.m. A bus is already travelling in this area, and this allows passengers in housing to the north of Redwood Parkway to catch the bus without crossing the street.
- Bus stops to be relocated, due to safety concerns and for improved accessibility.
3. Route 78
- Eliminate the layover on the last inbound trip to the VTC (Vallejo Transit Center) at Military and First Street in Benicia. This will improve the efficiency and reduce the operating cost of the Route 78.
4. Limited Service Routes in Vallejo and Benicia
We will continue providing limited, fixed route service that serves various schools in Vallejo and Benicia, primarily for students who do not have access to school bus service or an existing fixed route. The routes are designed around bell times and the 2013-14 school schedules finalized by the Benicia Unified School District (BUSD) and the Vallejo City Unified School District (VCUSD).
- Maintain Limited Service Routes 15/17 in Benicia
- Maintain Limited Service Route 12 in Vallejo
- Eliminate Limited Service Route 14 in Vallejo, as the VCUSD (Vallejo City Unified School District) will provide school bus service. Here is a link to the School District website: www.vallejo.k12.ca.us
SolTrans works closely with both BUSD and VCUSD to insure that Limited Service Routes are designed to get students to and from school at bell times and to insure that all students are informed of the SolTrans services.
Two weeks prior to the start of the new school year, SolTrans is planning to host back-to-school fairs in both Benicia and Vallejo to help provide information to parents and students. Dates and times will be posted to the website, and advertised at various locations.
To read more about how service improvements are made, visit our Planning page on our website: www.soltransride.com/planning.
Posted under News