Clipper is an all-in-one transit card that keeps track of any passes and cash value that you load onto it, while applying all applicable fares, discounts and transfer rules. This lets you customize your card for your own transit needs. A Clipper card makes boarding faster, eliminates the need to carry exact change, and can be registered for added protection in case it’s lost.
You may use Clipper on many public transit services all over the San Francisco Bay Area, including BART. The newly participating transit agencies include SolTrans, Fairfield and Suisun Transit (FAST), Vacaville City Coach, and the VINE.
Get Your Clipper Card
Clipper cards are available for purchase at the following locations:
1. Clipper Customer Service:
Call 877-878-8883 or visit clippercard.com
SolTrans sells Clipper “Cash Value” and 31-day Local and 31-day Express bus passes.
:: Vallejo Transit Center, 311 Sacramento St., Vallejo, CA 94590
:: Vallejo Ferry Ticket Office, 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA 94590
:: Walgreens, 2647 Springs Rd, Vallejo
:: Walgreens, 1050 Redwood St, Vallejo
Using Clipper on SolTransa
- Please note that Clipper charges the Express fare on all SolanoExpress routes (Routes 80/82 and Yellow Line). Riders traveling locally (Benicia to Vallejo) on the Yellow line or on Route 85 should use a SolTrans paper pass or pay the cash fare to receive the proper fare rate.
- If you plan on traveling on both SolTrans and FAST systems please purchase a paper pass from either SolTrans or FAST ticket offices, new inter-agency passes are not available on Clipper.
- Clipper Card minimum balance is $2.00 for Adult, Youth and Reduced Clipper card holders across the Napa- Solano County agencies
Clipper Transfers on SolTrans
There are no transfers within the SolTrans system, (SolTrans bus to SolTrans bus).
Transfers to and from other Transit Agencies
If you are transferring to another transit agency that accepts Clipper, you do not need a paper transfer. Transfers to and from other bus agencies are good for 60 minutes.
Currently, Clipper supports transfers to/from SolTrans and connecting transit agencies including:
- FAST Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 20
- Golden Gate Transit 40/42
- NAPA VINE Route 11
- San Francisco Bay Ferry (Vallejo-SF Ferry only)*
SolTrans has reciprocal local fare credit agreements with these operators. So a transfer to a local route is free or a transfer to a regional route is reduced fare (regional fare minus a local fare credit).
Full fares are charged for transfers to SolTrans buses from transit agencies who do not have a reciprocal fare agreement with SolTrans or from agencies which are not yet on Clipper.
Passengers transferring from connecting agencies which accept our transfers but which are not yet on Clipper (including WestCat and County Connection) will need to use a paper transfer and pay cash or paper fare media. In these cases, the Clipper card does not recognize a transfer occurred and will charge a full fare.
Transfers between SolTrans and Vallejo SF Bay Ferry
Transfers between SolTrans and the Vallejo SF Bay Ferry receive a local fare credit of $1.75 for adults, $1.50 for youth and $0.85 for Seniors/Persons with Disabilities/Medicare card holders.
This means SolTrans riders transferring from a local bus route can pay a reduced Clipper e-cash fare on the Vallejo-SF Ferry of $8 for adults, $5 for youth, and $5.65 for Seniors/Persons with Disabilities/Medicare.
For Ferry riders transferring to the SolTrans system, transfers are free on local bus routes. Clipper will only detect e-cash transfers as the Ferry Monthly Pass is not currently available on Clipper.