SolanoExpress Corridor Study
In partnership with the Solano Transportation Authority (STA), SolTrans has been working to plan and implement revisions to express services in Solano County. The goal of the new service is to simplify service, reduce duplication, meet performance standards, and connect Solano cities better. The routes included in the study are SolTrans Routes 78, 80/82, and 85 and FAST Routes 20, 30, 40 and 90. The project will consolidate routes for more frequent and efficient service. The improvements will roll out in two phases:
- Phase I – July 1, 2018 involving the SolTrans Route 78
- Phase II – July 1, 2019 for Routes 80, 82, and 85 (major infrastructure improvements needed prior to implementation)
The image below summarizes the preferred service alternatives for all SolanoExpress Routes:
PHASE 1 – PREFERRED SERVICE ALTERNATIVES
- Continuing to operate service only from the Vallejo Transit Center Bus Terminal.
- Faster service through Vallejo and Benicia by removing lesser used stops – currently identified as Curtola Parkway and Napa Street in Vallejo and Military West and 14th Street in Benicia.
- Elimination of direct service to Diablo Valley College by serving stops on Contra Costa Boulevard only, requiring a short walk to the college campus or transfer to a County Connection route.
- Serving Walnut Creek BART Station at all times and Pleasant Hill BART Station only at the most critical time of morning rush hour, to maintain the best bus/bus connections but also accommodate issues with BART train loads.
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
SolTrans is currently, seeking public input on proposed service alternatives for SolanoExpress Route 78. Please fill out one of the surveys below: